Wednesday, June 22, 2011

a micro burst?

view from frolona by paldavsav
view from frolona, a photo by paldavsav on Flickr.

Before this weekend, I had no idea what a micro burst was.

I'm still not totally clear but apparently its a pretty evil force of nature because this is what one did on Frolona.

5, 100+ year old trees down.
3 buildings badly damaged.
dogs and humans were unharmed...
physically at least

more pictures to come

3 comments:

Janie said...

Soooooo sad. The tree is now totally brown, even sadder.

Laurel said...

:(

i just can't grasp it yet...

Searcy Yoder said...

Hey P! I saw this post and then like a few weeks later (last week) we had a microburst in my neighborhood. It was crazy! So many trees and cars and homes were destroyed but thank goodness no people! I researched microburt and that stuff is crazy and can happy so easily.