Sunday, August 3, 2008

finally posting

After a little over two weeks, I am finally posting. For some reason, I have been completely uninspired to post anything. That fact is quite disturbing to me because I live a life full of passion and inspiration. I take inspiration from everything around me and I am passionate about all parts of my life.

So instead of trying to force out a lame post, I have been trying to find my inspiration again. I still haven't figured out why I am in this funk but I am beginning to think it is the lack of challenging thought over the summer. Have I been in school so long that my brain doesn't function properly when I am not in a learning environment. What does that mean for me?

My funk started when one of the people who helps define my existence became very ill and was fighting back to health. Is this all because of the shock of hearing that someone I love and who is an integral part of my life could have died if they had waited an hour longer to go to the hospital? I still haven't allowed myself to cry over this...maybe that's my problem.

The funk has also been in a time when Andrew and I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time together. A day here, two days there...no week long span of time together, not even three days together. When I am in a bad mood, he always makes it better. When I am in a funk, I normally snap right out of it when we are spending time together but that is difficult when we only see each other a day (or maybe 2) at a time. I miss him.

Hopefully I am just over analyzing the situation (it wouldn't be the first time) and it really is just a funk. Maybe venting on this post will help me get over it. Maybe this conference will reinvigorate me for the upcoming school year. Maybe I need to just take some time and appreciate all the things around me...life should be all the inspiration I need.

(Laura, I took off the music :)...it was annoying me, too)

2 comments:

Janie said...

Perhaps you should take inspiration from the fact that you are an inspiration to so many. Me too!

Laura Mielke said...

HA Pallie! you just moved up on my blog list! jk :) I already posted to laurel that I blame funkville on hormones... it is the woman's inevitable curse. Have YOU read "Eat, Pray, Love" a memoir by elizabeth gilford...try that for some immediate inspiration.